Writing... A Lonely Business?

Yes and no...

Writing can be a lonely business but it doesn't have to be.

You may join all kinds of writers groups, join all kinds of social media groups and talk writing to your friends every chance you get but as most writers know, you are the only one facing your monitor when it comes time to sit down and write.

I used to feel lonely, I'm a social girl most of the time. Internet stole a lot of my time because I was lonely and wanted to "chat". Now that isn't true.


I have a friend who is with me all the time. As a matter of fact, he is the true author and I'm the co-author of all my books. He sits with me every minute that I am writing. Who is this ghost writer?

Jesus. He is my best friend. And we co-author books.

I used to think I was alone and then one day it dawned on me. I pray before I write. I'm constantly asking Jesus/God for help and He is always there to answer questions, get me over tough spots in the book and even helps me do research.

You are not alone either. Ask God to become the author of your books and writing time.

Loneliness will become a thing of the past... I promise.

2 comments:

Teri said...

Rhonda, Great word! I'm convinced I would never be able to do what I do as a writer if God was not the One directing me each step of the way. I'm thankful for His constant companionship!

Rhonda Gibson said...

Me too Teri!