Did you know that September was National Honey Month? I love honey on hot buttered biscuits. When I wrote A Honey of a Christmas, I did a lot of research on honey and honey beekeeping. So why not share a couple of things with you all?
Interesting Honey Facts:
- There are over 300 unique types of honey identified in the US. The flavor of honey is derived from the nectar source the bee gathers from.
- Eating local honey is great for your allergies.
- Honey contains every substance needed to sustain human life.
- A single honeybee will only produce about 1/12 teaspoon of honey during its entire life .
- Honey bees are not native to the Americas but came over with some of the first colonists.
- Honey contains natural preservatives. Vats of sealed honey were found in King Tut’s tomb that still contained edible honey after being stored for over 2,000 years.