The Writer's Desk Welcomes Patricia Johns


Welcome to the blog, Patricia. Please grab a cup of tea or coffee and relax for a few minutes and tell us about your writing space.
 


This is my gorgeous desk. My parents bought it for me at an estate auction when I was about 24, and they dropped it off at my teenie, tiny rented bedroom during my starving artist years. It used up a good amount of my free space, but I didn't care. I loved it! Starving artist years are a whole lot less heroic when you have parents who shop for you at estate auctions. Just saying.
Every published novel I've written (about 13 now) has been written at this desk.

My desk and I have a deep and devoted relationship. As a mother, I don't have a lot that belongs to me and just me. Except for this desk. This is "Mommy's Desk." Truthfully, I don't do all of my writing at the desk. I have a laptop, and it travels with me around the house. I type at the kitchen table while I cook so that I don't burn the house down. (We've had a kitchen fire, but in my defence, I had the flu, so it wasn't a writing-related accident.) I type propped up in bed in the evening. I type on the couch while my husband watches a movie.

I'm curious Patricia, what do you surround yourself with that isn’t writing related but that helps you to enjoy your writing space?
 
I'm a mom. Really, all I need some quiet. And a big sign that says, "Go ask your father."

I'm curious, what are you working on right now?
 

Right now, I'm working on a novel I'd like to pitch to the American line. It's a nanny romance.

 

Thank you for stopping by today. Before I let you go, do you have a new release you’d like to tell us about?  

It isn't a new release, but it's my first Love Inspired. (There are move Love Inspired to come!) Oh good! I can't wait!!
 
 
http://www.amazon.com/His-Unexpected-Family-Love-Inspired-ebook/dp/B00BK0XH0O/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1389458647&sr=8-1&keywords=patricia+johns+his+unexpected+family
 

His Unexpected Family

When a baby is dropped into her life without warning, Emily Shaw is overjoyed. It's a bit odd that her distant cousin named single Emily as guardian, but she's thrilled all the same. She never thought she'd get to be a mom. Another unexpected blessing is that baby Cora arrives in the arms of police chief Greg Taylor. Despite all three of them instantly bonding, Greg has promised himself he'll never be a father. And now Emily's smooth-talking relative is challenging her right to raise Cora. Will Emily have to make an impossible decision between the child she already loves and the man who loves her?
If my readers want to learn more about you, where can they find you?
 
 Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/PatriciaJohnsAuthor

Blog: http://patriciajohnsromance.com

No comments: