A Well Balanced Life


This past week, I took a step back and re-evaluated the course of my life. There are four areas that I felt I had to get a grip on.

1. Spending more time with God
2. Getting Healthy
3. Writing
4. House Keeping

1. Spending time with God is easy... JUST DO IT! So I am doing just that.

2. Getting Healthy that's a bit harder, for me. I know to eat healthy and exercise... doing it is a little harder, for me. So back to weight watchers and the treadmill I went. It's working. I had a 2 pound weight loss this week. Am I going to keep it up? You bet!! God wants me healthy, nuf said.

3 and 4 are harder... Why? because they require balance. Meaning I need to write everyday and I need to keep my house clean. When the house isn't clean I feel guilty for writing. When I'm cleaning house I feel guilty I'm not writing.

Sooooo...

Last week I took off time from writing and simply cleaned my house, I'm lucky I can do this now, I wouldn't have done it if I had a pressing deadline.

NOW that the house is clean I have created a writing/housekeeping schedule and can keep them balanced. The beauty of this is that I also have time for my family.

Who do you think made me aware I needed to get balanced? I'm very blessed to have God in my life, without Him I would continue to be unbalanced.

1 comment:

CatMom said...

Great post, Rhonda! And I love your idea of taking a week to focus on getting your house all clean. Hmmmm....I may need to "borrow" that idea, LOL!
Blessings, Patti Jo :)